Glossary on Intellectual Property
1.Capitalization of intellectual property is a bookkeeping operation to record expenses in the form of investments in such balance sheet items as: - 08 "Investments in non-current assets", - 04 "Intangible assets" - and others.
2. Monetization is the acquisition of financial benefits from intellectual property, both in the form of economy and expenditure, and in the form of additional revenues
3. Commercialization - commercial use of intellectual property (licenses, franchises) and income generation
4. Trademark (trade mark) is a designation registered in the state organ that serves for the individualization of goods and services
5. Rospatent, Kazpatent, Uzpatent - the generalized name of the national body - engaged in registration of objects of patent law
6. Copyright-office (depository) - an organization that carries out objective confirmation of the creation of the author's work in accordance with the norms of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works
7. The author's work is the result of intellectual activity, which meets the following criteria: - created following the results of creative activity; - expressed in an objective form; - has a priority date; - meets the eligibility criteria.
8. Commercial secret is the mode of confidentiality of information that allows the owner of commercial secret objects (suppliers' bases, customer bases and other objects) to increase incomes under existing or possible circumstances, to avoid unjustified expenses, to maintain position in the market of goods, works, services or to obtain other commercial benefits.
9. Intangible asset - accounting term, means identifiable non-monetary assets that do not have a physical form, which are used in the production or provision of goods or services, for leasing to other parties or for administrative purposes. Most often, the NMA includes: licenses, patents, websites, mobile applications, trademarks, copyright objects, commercial secrets, official works, etc.
10. IAS 38 - International Financial Reporting Standard No. 38 "Intangible Assets"
11. Aston Alliance is an international consortium of legal entities from the UAE, Russia, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, headquartered in Dubai (UAE), providing services in the field of legal protection of intellectual property, as well as investment, anti-raiding and capitalization. As of December 2016, the total number of employees of the consortium is 41
12. Author - a person indicated on the original work, a citizen whose creative work created the result of intellectual activity (invention, utility model, industrial design, computer program, database, copyright objects, etc.).
13.Copyright - a set of legal norms that define the rights and obligations of authors arising in connection with the creation and use of copyright objects. It is protected both in criminal and civil order. It is regulated by national law and international conventions on copyright protection.
14 . The database is a collection of independent materials (articles, calculations, normative acts, court decisions and other similar materials), presented in an objective form, systematized in such a way that these materials can be found and processed with the help of an electronic computer (computer)
15. Compensation for IP is the sum of money paid to the author (the right holder) when using an IP object.
16. Intellectual property - protected results of intellectual activity and the means of individualization of legal persons, goods, works, services and enterprises equivalent to them: objects of copyright; programs for electronic computers (computer programs); Database; performance; phonograms; a broadcast or cable broadcast of radio or television programs (broadcasting of broadcasting or cable broadcasting organizations); inventions; useful models; industrial designs; selection achievements; topology of integrated microcircuits; secrets of production (know-how); company names; trademarks and service marks; Appellations of origin of goods; commercial secret, commercial designations.
17. Patent search - analysis of information sources for identifying analogs, determining the level of technology, in comparison with which an assessment of the novelty and innovative level of the object claimed for registration is carried out.
18. The license agreement is a contract by which one party - the owner of the exclusive right to the result of intellectual activity or to the means of individualization (the licensor) grants or undertakes to grant to the other party (licensee) the right to use such result or such means within the limits stipulated by the treaty.
19. International Patent Classification (IPC) is an internationally accepted classification of inventions constructed according to the functional-sectoral principle and used as a primary or additional means for internationally uniform classification and retrieval of information on inventions.
20. International Classification of Goods and Services for the Registration of Trademarks (ICGS) - the system of classification of goods and services, adopted by the Nice Agreement, is used in the examination and registration of trademarks.
21. Know-how - information of any nature (industrial, technical, economic, organizational and other) on the results of intellectual activity in the scientific and technical sphere and on the ways of carrying out professional activities having real or potential commercial value due to their unknown to third parties, and also the innovative level .
22.The secret of production is information of any nature about the results of intellectual activity in the scientific and technical sphere and about the ways of carrying out professional activities that have real or potential commercial value due to their unknown to third parties due to the original way of using the already available developments.
23.The security document - patents, certificates, certificates, orders, acts and other documents, confirming the fact of creation (registration) of an object of intellectual property.
24. Useful model - as a useful model, a technical solution pertaining to the device is protected.
25. Rightholder - the rightholder is understood as the author, his heir, as well as any natural or legal person that possesses exclusive property rights obtained by virtue of a law or contract.
26. The computer program is a combination of data and commands designed to operate computers and other computer devices in an objective form in order to obtain a certain result, including the preparatory materials obtained during the development of the computer program, and the audiovisual displays it generates.
27. Service work is an object of intellectual property created within the limits of work obligations (work) established for the employee (author). The copyright to such a work belongs to (the author). The exclusive right to an official work belongs to the employer, unless otherwise provided by the labor or civil law agreement between the employer and the author.
28. The firm name is the name of a legal entity that is a commercial organization under which it acts in civil circulation and which is defined in its constituent documents and is included in the unified state register of legal entities with state registration of a legal entity. FI as an attribute of a legal entity can be used in letterheads, in print and on a signboard
29. Valuation - determination of the market value of property, property rights (including intellectual property objects) produced by a professional appraiser who has a relevant license